Monday 18 April 2011

Shellybobbins invites Emily Betty Spaghetti ~ Daddy to the spotlight

Emily Betty Spaghetti



We first found out the amazing news that we were going to be parents in January 2010. We married in September 2009 and in the December we decided we were going to try for a baby the following year. Bingo! Pregnant straight away! We both really wanted children so we were completely over the moon!

I had always wanted a daughter so for me my mind was made up; I was having a little girl! I hadn’t even considered the fact it could have been a boy! My wife Beth read all the books and kept me informed of the baby’s progress, one week we found out the baby’s heart was the size of a poppy seed, so that was it for me, ‘she’ was now nicknamed ‘Poppy’!
We decided not to find out the sex of the baby and as the months went by Beth was feeling the pressure about me wanting a girl (I don’t know if all pregnant women get this?) and turned me around to the possibility that it could be a boy (in fact she did such a good job I actually did think it was going to be a boy!)
Then on the 27th October at 11:24pm (still 100% convinced it was going to be a boy) all my dreams came true and out came my beautiful baby daughter! It had been a tough labour for Beth and I was crying tears of joy and relief when it was all over. The week after was one big blur and every time I looked at the baby I was so happy I just wanted to burst in to tears!
The first few weeks at home with the baby were really tough, especially on Beth. I was doing what I could to help but the hardest part was the night feeds. Beth had decided to breast feed so there wasn’t much I could do. Fortunately the baby kept me busy whilst I was on nappy duty!
A good week or so went by whilst we decided on a name (we were literally so convinced it was going to be a boy we were going to name the baby Jake!) and finally we settled on Emily Betty Masters (or Emily Betty Spaghetti as her Daddy likes to call her!). It’s funny really how we took so long to decide on a name but now she always has and always will be an Emily to us.
Becoming parents has been the most amazing thing that has happened to us. We previously led fantastic lives, plenty of holidays and weekends away. We now lead even more fantastic lives, only now we take our little bundle of joy with us and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Emily is starting to get her very own little personality now, making us laugh with all the funny things that she does. I am extremely lucky to have my very own alarm clock that wakes me at 7am every day with lots of little coos and squeaks that make me smile. I will really miss her when she goes into her own room.
I have to travel and stay away a lot with work and it kills me when I have to leave Emily, and she almost seems to be annoyed when I get back! She looks at me as if to say ‘and where do you think you have been?’ A couple of kisses and cuddles from Daddy usually does the trick though.
My work/life balance has been crazy too, when I work from home how am I supposed to get things done when my little Emily is downstairs! I’m up and down the stairs like a yo-yo, making excuses to come down and see her!
All I know is she makes me the happiest man alive! I’m so proud to be her Daddy and I’m so proud of Beth for making me my little Emily Betty Spaghetti

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful story Rob & Beth you have such a wonderful daughter just loved reading this, really lovely to have a daddies point of view & how you felt Emily so cute I love this picture and im sure everyone who sees this story will too

Love Shellybobbins xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment